Sunday 31 March 2013

Guns of Icarus Online Kickstarter Adventure Mode - Give Them Your Money, Please.


Heya everyone, quick update this week, and a happier one at that. My most popular posts to date have been my Guns of Icarus Online guides, and in light of that, I thoughts I'd share something with you:

Guns of Icarus Online has started a fresh Kickstarter campaign for an Adventure Mode!


Guns of Icarus Online started life when Muse Games dragged their IP away from their previous publisher and instead went to Kickstater to to crowd source their game rather than rely on finicky publishers – and let's face it, some of them can be real assholes. It was successfully funded, duh, unless many of us are sharing a particularly specific shared hallucination. However, the team behind it had bigger and better ideas then the Skirmish mode is currently is now, and are intending to release an Adventure Mode.

Please excuse me whilst I make plane noises with my mouth.
It'll come with a persistent online world, with PvE and quest based missions. From the teasers they've released thus far, it seems that we'll see a range of enemies, from hordes of solo-piloted steampunk aeroplanes and gigantic boss blimps. The art style has always fascinated me with this game, and I look forward to finally getting some context on the political factions and fashions of this world.

I missed the first Kickstarter campaign, which is a great pity, because of this:

So... practical... *drools*
Look at it. That's the Dust Rider costume, and it's beautiful, and a Kickstarter exclusive award for first time backers. I have a fixation on practical armour. There's nothing that'll get me more annoyed and turned off than a flimsy piece or flesh-revealing costume, which is possibly why I have a love / hate relationship with comics. With this piece, I love no only how good it looks, but how warm it looks – the wind chill on these zeppelins has got to be fierce. So imagine my joy when I discovered that not only will some reward tiers come with this, but they're releasing a new version as well...

So... fancy... *drools*
And finally I'll have my pilot looking the way I want to. Fine. A large part of my desire to pledge was motivated by a purely aesthetic item, but to hell with you! I'll also be getting a poster. My affections are apparently cheaply brought.

If you've found Guns of Icarus Online great so far, or any of the these gorgeous pictures appealing, please give their Kickstarter a look. I've already pledged, which was done through Amazon giving a good measure of security. It is worth mentioning that this did weird out my bank some, and I got a call from their fraud department wondering what on earth I was up to this time, as it looked so odd to them – they got nervous about a pledge of American dollars on my British sterling account. Nice to see that they're actually paying attention, but it is worth a note.

At the time of writing, it has 50 days to go and is already over $42,000 of $100,000 target goal, so it looks like at the current rate of pledges that it will get successfully funded, so if you are afraid you don't want to put your hopes on something that won't see the light of day that should settle you some. Don't forget, Muse Games has successfully done this before and provided, and have some nice reach goals set.


Mmm... at $900K, it'll have crafting, and I'll never escape. And hey, get to 10 million dollars, they may actually entertain the idea of boarding for more then twenty seconds!


By the way, as much as I hate the idea of moving traffic away from my site, if you would like some slightly better proofread, constructed and updated guides to Guns Of Icarus Online I have my guides available on Steam, here. I'm Commodore Karkon, so that's my guides.

But please come back often.

Please.

Let my numbers go up. It's important.  

No comments:

Post a Comment